Cream Of Wheat is loaded with healthy benefits for our body:
– Its high in vitamin A, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin and folate
– Its low in calories and is cholesteral free
– Cream of Wheat is fortified with minerals, rich in iron
– Cream of Wheat is also a good source of calcium and the trace mineral selenium.
– Cream of Wheat is rich in energizing carbohydrates (good for mental energy and nourishing your brain)
The other big bonus to Cream Of Wheat is its versatile and easy to make. Ready in just a couple of minutes. I like to add a square of dark chocolate and a couple of drops of honey into my Cream Of Wheat while its cooking. I also tested a few variations out with and without milk and found I could tolerate the non-milk variation better as the cream of wheat comes out less heavy and I have a low tolerance for milk.
I also like to make it simple with just brown sugar. I could add cinnamon, but sometimes I find the cinnamon flavour a little overpowering.
Cream of Wheat is a fantastic ingredient for homemade dumplings (for soup). Just substitute cream of wheat in place of flour, and add whatever seasonings, salt, pepper, etc. that you like. Just experiment without til you perfect your own personal dumpling recipe.
I’m sure Cream of Wheat can probably be used as a thickener for sauces and stuff, just watch the amount that you use since Cream Of Wheat thickens so quickly. No, I have not tried it, but I know I will in the near future when I make homemade poutine.
If you also like to eat Cream Of Wheat and have recipes to share, please don’t hesitate to post it here!