Shawarma… Nothing But Shawarma in Mississauga

I’m devoting this thread for great shawarma places in Mississauga.

I’m not an expert on shawarma. but I love shawarma and have been to only a couple of places in Mississauga (Pita & Grill, Mega Wrap, the place by AMC), and I also really like the place at Woodbine Centre foodcourt.

Someone on here commented that we need more shawarma reviews, so I moved his comments and suggestions here (Thanks Peter!).  Also, if anyone else has recommendations on shawarma, please comment here!

From Peter:

“I’d recommend a newish one called Isis Mediterreanean Cuisine on Queen Street/Brittania because it’s a good dine-in place instead of a fast food place like other shawarma restaurants. Really good platters and very unique in terms of the ingredients/herbs/spices which other places don’t use since the owner is an actual chef. Also try Pita Nutso/Osmow’s in Streetsville but they’re closer to normal shawarma places, nothing unique thought they taste great.

King Kebab on Matheson or Aimco/Dixie…only Turkish restaurant I’ve been to and it’s not much different than some of the other middle eastern type but the dishes are really good. Not a huge menu when I went cos it’s new.

I like Ming Room but Asian Wok n Roll (the Millcreek location) and Royal Jasmine (Aimco/Dixie) are my two favourite hakka places, slightly better than Chilli Chicken House. Royal Jasmine has a good deal if you’re eating in a family of 4-6, $57 for 6 actual dishes with good proportions plus appetizers plus a little desert.

And Adiamo’s Pasta in Streetsville for an inexpensive Italian restaurant.”

Advertisements

8 Comments Add yours

1. Abdel says:

Every one is asking about a good place to eat shawarma at Mississauga , yes there is a very good one ( Chef”s Door) they just opened a new location at 11 pearl st , streetsville . They have two others at oakville , try it out you will like it for sure.

2. Reggie says:

Sounds good, thanks! Will definitely try it out soon.

3. Anonymous says:

I’ve found Osmows in streetsville to be the best i’ve had so far for sure!

4. sabesh says:

Try Pyramids @ Mavis / Eglinton. Best Shawarma I’ve had in ‘ssauga thus far (Egytian).

1. Reggie says:

Thanks! Can’t wait to try it out soon.

5. Jason says:

Safari Grill ohh my good the one on Mavis and Central parkway best u will have they have mini shawarma too that it so cute anD tasty

6. Anonymous says:

Have you tried Pitaland by Eglinton and Hurontario in the Emerald plaza? I’ve tried several Schwarma places in Mississauga and Pitaland is by far is my favourite. The chicken is good but for me, the sauces are just as important and I love that special sauce and the hot sauce that they put on top of the chicken.

7. J Sack says:

Check out the new Pita Boss in the same plaza as the Lion Heart English pub for wicked sharwarmas !