McDonalds Medium Coffee Cups Leak!

Is it just me or has anyone else experienced this?

McDonald’s medium coffee cups/lids always leak. I buy a medium coffee every morning on the way to work. So I’m sipping away at my coffee while I’m driving. Finally I take a second to look down to see coffee dribbling down the front of my clothes and all over my seat belt. My seat belt is getting discoloured and smelling like stale coffee.

Its not because the lid isn’t on securely because now I’ve gotten into the habit of checking the lid before taking a sip…

Is it just me?

Advertisements

19 responses to this post.

1. Posted by O-Dawg on February 27, 2011 at 11:14 am

Oh wow! I found this to be a very helpful review. I went to McDonalds and ordered a coffee. I never usually check the lid, but I did after reading your blog.. and sure enough, it was loose! You saved my red fur suit from being splattered with hot coffee. When I was little my Mom spilled hot McDonalds coffee all over my arm.. I was just a baby and had to go to the hospital. Glad I did not have to re-live that nightmare! *shiver*

2. I had a medium one just this morning and didn’t have any problem.

3. Posted by Snoopicus on March 1, 2011 at 11:46 pm

I don’t like McDonalds coffee.

4. Yes, I have had the same problem with McD’s coffee cups leaking!

5. Posted by oldpartsnrust on April 12, 2011 at 11:56 am

Every cup I have gotten that was the brown sticker wrapped foam leaked on me.

6. Posted by Brian on April 15, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Same here. what can we do. I say we mount a massive suit or a plea even. Say we love you McDonalds, please please please fix your cups.

7. Posted by John on April 22, 2011 at 12:46 pm

Me too! All the time. Down the front of my shirt this morning. Practically lost the whole thing last week when the cup holder got soggy and disintegrated.

8. Posted by Jon on April 28, 2011 at 8:37 am

Every morning the same thing! I order a medium coffee and withink a minute the lid is leaking. This morning I had coffee all over my car and clothes. I tried to complain to customer service but I got the impression they don’t care!

9. Posted by Dave M on May 2, 2011 at 3:48 pm

I have been having the same problem forever. I called the company up and they said that if the lid is put on wrong this will happen or if the workers stack the cups to high it will cause them to leak. I don’t care what the reason is but I know that every time I get a medium coffee in the morning I have a small leak. I do not like Tim’s so I put up with it but I am really starting to get annoyed by it. Please Mac change your cups already. This week I am actually filing when I pick up a coffee to see how many times in a row during the week this happens. I started today and of course to a good start. leaked while she was handing it to me. When I have my results in for the whole week I am sending it to customer service which one of the ladies there told me she drinks a Mac coffee every morning for over a year and has never had one leak yet. ??? Let me prove to them toherwise. I don’t care how free meal deals they send me I just want them to fix this problem! I will keep you posted 🙂

10. We should all send a complaint to Mcd’s head office! I always wrap my cup with a napkin now. But even with the leaky cups, Mcd’s still beats Timmies any day.

11. Posted by Anonymous on December 8, 2011 at 1:50 pm

ARG! Me too! At least 50% of them leak. I’ve been tempted to start tracking this as well.

12. Posted by Anonymous on January 25, 2012 at 10:21 am

Same issue here, almost 1/4 of my coffee leaked out all over my car on the way into work this morning..

13. It’s large cups too. They are the worst cups ever! I’ve got McDonald’s coffee 3 times this week and every cup started leaking under the lid and running down the side.

14. Posted by Mandy on May 10, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Every time I get a coffee from McDonald’s, the cup leaks. It’s so frustrating – trying to walk ten minuted to work from McD’s and getting COVERD in coffee.

• Posted by Anonymous on June 24, 2012 at 12:07 pm

I know what you mean. I walked from the parking lot up to my workplace and I could not for the life of me figure out where it was coming from. Adjusted the lid a couple of times to no avail. Ended up drinking it out of my mug (which just isn’t the same).

15. Posted by Wayne on June 15, 2012 at 11:33 am

I always check on the lid drinking hole to ensure that it isn’t on the cup seam. It seems that the leak only happens when the lid’s drinking hole is over the cup seam. Other than that…love McD’s coffee!

16. Posted by Anonymous on June 24, 2012 at 12:06 pm

They have the worst coffee cups. I’d say 40% of them leak. Like the poster, I’d drink it and when I look down, boom, a puddle of coffee.

17. Posted by Deb on August 17, 2012 at 8:55 am

And the cups are much sturdier in the U.S….why??? I love, love, love McDonald’s coffee, (way better than Tim’s) but hate their cups. I ALWAYS ask for extra napkins when I get the coffee at the drive-thru. Even then, sometimes results in a “soaker”.